Chicken Marsala Burgers
Our FIRST PRIZE WINNER of the Share Your Best Recipe Contest
From Alexis Gambardella
This is an easy summer burger for the grill that I created. I also make it all year round on my indoor grill pan. A favorite for everyone who I have made it for…and it can also be turned into an easy and delicious meatloaf!
1. Saute 2 onions and 1 large package of white button mushrooms in a pan with a little butter and EVOO until onions are translucent.
2. Add 1/2 cup (or more to taste) of Marsala cooking wine until most of it is absorbed into the veggie mix. Set aside to cool a bit.
3. In a medium size bowl mix together 1 pound of ground chicken, a handful of breadcrumbs, 1/4 tsp each of garlic powder white pepper and salt, 1/8 to 1/4 cup of the Marsala cooking wine, and 1/3 of the sauteed veggie mixture.
4. Mix with your hands until all ingredients are combined. Separate into 4 patties.
5. Grill a few minutes on each side…or until cooked all the way through.
6. Serve topped with the rest of the veggie mixture on a bun or along side a mixed green salad.
Pam says: An easy and delicious way to turn bland chicken burgers into something special! Be careful flipping burgers. Add a few pepper flakes if you want heat.